Monday, October 26, 2015

Sunset

Hello. This is a short I wrote called Sunset.
I may think of expanding on it, but I'm not sure yet.
Be warned. It is extremely short.

Blinking awake, what came into my view was the reds, oranges, and purples of the beautiful scene spreading out in front of me. I was stunned for a moment by the grand scene in front of me: the colours that stained the sky were reflected and refracted, making it just all the more of a spectacle to behold. I seemed to be look at the sunset being reflected over a large body of water; a sea, I presume. There, the sun was, slowly creeping over the horizon. The wide spectrum of colours bedazzled me, causing my mind to blank for a moment. I unconsciously savoured the sight of the sunset.
But it was not to last for long. Although the sun was still setting, I had snapped out of my little trance, and I continued on to survey my surroundings. I quickly regretted it. If only I could travel back in time, I would stop myself from ever seeing my surroundings. I would rather continue watching the sunset while entranced, if only that would last an eternity. But, I could do none of that, i had already continued, and the gears of fate had already started moving. Surrounding me were what seemed to be people.
No, I knew.
They weren’t alive anymore. The blood and entrails flowing out all over the place was just further proof. There was a mountain of corpses surrounding me. It looked just like a depiction of hell. And I, I was in the center of the mountain, at the peak.
What is this…?
Where is this…?
....
Actually, Who am I?

-H.C. Howard Hui 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment