Saturday, May 9, 2015

Path to Divinity 11

I don't know what I was doing with this chapter. I literally forgot half way. Well, please continue to enjoy Arty's backyard adventures. This hasn't been proofread yet (will be done soon). Well, anyways, here's the chapter (can I call it that? it's kinda short...) :

Slowly turning around, I faced the source of the thing breathing down my back. I think it was suitable to call it a monster. It took the form of a rat. Normally, you would think of those small furry grey rodents. But this wasn’t anything like that. It was about 3 meters tall (9.9 feet), and had brown fur that looked and probably felt like metal spikes. My knees were clearly buckling now, but I gathered my courage and willed them to stop. Stopping the buckling, I realized that the rat was looking at me, and hadn’t attacked yet. Realizing this, I jumped back in order to gain some distance. While jumping back, I cast [Gust] on myself to propel myself away from the rat by creating a gust of wind. I think the rat took that as a threat, because all of it’s furs stood up straight, and it looked nearly twice it’s previous size. Seeing the rat raise it’s paw and prepare to strike me, I immediately cast another spell, this time I cast a defensive spell, [Wall of Wind]. My spell created a wall of wind in front of me, and successfully blocked the rat’s paw… Or not. *BAM* I was smashed by the rat’s paw and threw across the garden. Feeling myself barely conscious, I got really angry. It enraged me, to feel so powerless. Casting [Heal] on myself, I got back up, only to fall back down, throwing up blood and stomach acid, not a pleasurable feeling. Thinking to myself, I pushed all the blame to the rat, and decided that no matter what I did, I would kill this rat, I would annihilate it.

Ignoring my body’s screams of pain, I poured all of the mana in my body in order to cast one of the strongest spells I knew, the intermediate-class fire spell [Fireball]. I felt all of my energy, my mana, being pulled out of me through my hand. Feeling the searing ball of fire in front of me, I used the last of my will to fire the fireball, locking onto the giant rat. With the last of my energy, I jerked my head up, and saw the burnt remains of the giant rat. Feeling a truly happy, proud feeling of success in my chest, I felt the lump of rage within me dissolve as I passed out, completely exhausted. On the brink of consciousness, I heard gentle voices calling out to me.

“ARTY!!!!”

...Or maybe not so gentle, but caring nonetheless. Hearing the yells of concern, I felt safe once again, and I finally fell unconscious.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and follow my blog(or just this story).
Thanks!
-HCHH

2 comments:

  1. The Fireball surely raised the hair on the over-sized rodents body! Enough so, to keep me reading on..will we learn what the outcome of the spell was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say at the moment. Keep on reading to find out... or maybe not.

      Delete