Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Path to Divinity 8

Edit 1 (4/29/15) : Sigh...

As I calmed myself down and continued practicing my magic, I felt some mental fatigue slowing my thoughts down. As I used [Gather Element] once again, this time without even starting to chant, I fell unconscious only to find myself sleeping snugly under the blankets of my bed. Looking up, I saw my mother looking down at me. Although I said “looking down”, I didn’t mean that in a bad sense. She looked extremely worried. I could see the unease in her eyes. I feigned to still be asleep, but I’m sure she knew I was awake, but she finally got up and left my room, it was already deep into the night, and the moon was hanging high up in the sky, as unreachable as ever. With the silver beams of moonlight lightly shone down upon me. I determined myself to never worry her again, and to remember to have some limits when practicing my magic, but I still need to be able to improve, so I can’t slow down too much. Although I can’t be a normal baby, I decided that I would always try my best not to worry my parents.


It’s been awhile since that happened, and I’ve been practicing magic a lot more nowadays, which was increasing my mana pool exponentially. It seems as if every time I practice, my mana pool doubles, and my efficiency as well as proficiency increases as well.
“This system is way too efficient…” I mumble to myself.
Therefore, I continued prancing down my path towards the mastery of magic.


||


Other than magic, I should have also told you about how I was going to train in combat arts before. About how that’s going… well… let’s just say that it isn’t going the best, seeing as I still couldn’t walk properly. Not saying I can’t stand, just that I can’t walk properly. Well, it would be even weirder if I could walk around, seeing as to how my body is only 8 months old. The Combat Arts in this world are split into the same standardized ranks as magic, as I should have said before. The Combat Arts are much more popular because of the God of Combat becoming famous for using it just recently, and also the fact that you don’t require a huge mana pool, which not everyone has, to use it.


Although I haven’t been able to train in combat arts just yet, I’m still quite enthusiastic at being able to start learning how to use it.


One last thing, I’ve been starting to feel worried about a certain matter. That matter is the fact that the maid of our house, Tay Rayn, is starting to avoid me, or look at me with a weird light in her eyes. It might be because I haven’t been much like a baby, but it’s still quite sad to see someone avoid me.


||

Author Note: Hello everyone(or anyone) who is reading this, I hope you liked how Arthur is developing so far, and don’t worry, because he will grow stronger. I will be taking a week to edit all of the chapters in the infant arc, and I hope that you can stay with me. Please comment if there is anything that you don’t like about this, and I will try my best to fix it. Thanks to all the readers for staying with me.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and follow my blog(or just this story).
Thanks!
-HCHH

1 comment:

  1. So your essentially making the most over powered small child as possible.... Hmmm... Ok, I have no idea where you are going. Also I like all the references you have.

    ReplyDelete